Are you passionate about innovation, startups and sustainability? Keen to bring your expertise – and learn more – about the future of digital transformation in key sectors such as energy, mobility and industry? Then we want you to be Aster Fab’s new Junior Consultant.
You will work for the very first French innovation & sustainability consulting firm backed by a Venture Capital fund. We offer a unique opportunity to learn more about the key drivers shaping tomorrow’s world and to contribute to the growth of a small – but pioneering – consulting firm.
About Aster Fab
At Aster Fab, we make innovation the driving force of a sustainable economy. Driven by the belief that innovation and sustainability go hand in hand, we help customers of all sizes transform even the most traditional of industrial sectors.
As a spin-off of the Venture Capital firm Aster, we exist at the nexus of Venture Capital and Consulting. We leverage Aster’s deep roots in the startup ecosystem – that we have cultivated for over two decades – to stay at the forefront of technological trends. Working together with Aster’s investment team, we benefit from unparalleled access to startups, innovation trends and a rich network. Our team of seasoned professionals (consultants, entrepreneurs, investors) ensure that we provide a unique approach to consulting.
After a successful launch in the second half of 2018, Aster Fab has engaged with numerous clients across Europe, Africa and North America. A few examples of past projects:
- Design and launch of a leading Oil & Gas firm’s Corporate Venture Capital fund
- Design and implementation of the Open Innovation department of a $10bn US company
- Market and technology studies with thorough startup scouting
- Startup due diligences prior to investment and acquisition
- Term sheet drafting and valuation negotiation
- Partnership framing on behalf of corporates with startups
Clients include: EDF, Bouygues Construction, VINCI, Orano, Motul, Manitou, TechnipFMC, Terna, SAIPEM, Biogen, Imerys, OMV…
- Think forward: we must look into the future and adopt a forward-looking vision of the world. Flying cars, artificial intelligence, clean energy and waste valorization are our day to day.
- Be humble: we are very grateful to work with smart and inspiring people, whether they are colleagues or clients. Respect of each other and each other’s opinions is at the heart of our working culture.
- Add value: prospective and innovation studies can quickly become vague and intangible. We put a strong emphasis on achievable goals and impact-first projects.
- Be caring: whether among colleagues or with our clients, we work hard to provide the best possible working atmosphere. Support, collaboration, and improvement are the roots of our business.
- Never stop learning: we are passionate learners and we are always excited to welcome someone new who can bring new perspectives and share new ideas.
- Take a stance: we are opinionated and we say it out loud.
A modern office in a quintessentially Parisian building in the heart of the city
A relaxed but results-driven work environment, right in between the Opéra and Musée du Louvre. We work hard and have fun thanks to young, enthusiastic, and talented colleagues.
We are also happy with a flexible remote work arrangement.
What you will accomplish
As a Junior Consultant intern, you will:
- Actively take part in all Aster Fab projects from start to finish:
- Take part in client meetings (kick-off, intermediate, final and weekly meetings)
- Conduct market research on a wide range of technology topics
- Scout for startups and score them using Aster Fab’s well-established rating methodology
- Benchmark Open Innovation and Corporate Venture Capital best practices
- Conduct interviews with industry experts, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs to gather insights
- Prepare educational workshops on various topics
- Draft studies on PowerPoint with a presentation of the research, highlighting the main insights and recommandations to the client
- Take part in Aster Fab’s development
- Contibute to the writing of our weekly 123Fab newsletter
You will work directly with Aster’s management team to further develop your role.
Who we are looking for
You are enthusiastic about the idea of taking part in the development of a pioneering business in France and beyond!
You are eager to learn and grow your skills
You are rigourous, analytical and organized
You are autonomous, proactive and flexible
You are familiar with the startup and venture capital world
You are concerned about climate change and savvy on the topic
You are fluent in French and English (written and spoken) – French is a must-have
You are service-oriented and obsessed with customer satisfaction
You have an entrepreneurial spirt and you are eager to take and lead initiatives
You show strong interpersonal skills and empathy, you are an active listener
You identify with the values of Aster Fab
- Location: 26 avenue de l’Opéra, 75001 Paris
- Contract type: full-time position, permanent contract
- Education Level: Master’s Degree from a top-tier university (Science, engineering, business, political sciences school)
- Experience Level: Final-year internship
- Salary: 1,500€ / month + meal vouchers + 50% of transport card
Send CV and cover letter at email@example.com