EIT Health and Biogen are joining forces to launch ‘neurotechprize’ to advance promising technology solutions addressing Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) from around the globe.
Through the neurotechprize, they aim to accelerate the most promising solutions and technologies addressing the challenge of AD in Germany.
Aster Fab is thrilled to have supported Biogen and the neurotechlab in the design and organization of the prize.
4 AREAS OF FOCUS
EIT Health and Biogen have identified four areas of focus that could make a difference in the life of people diagnosed with AD:
1. Accelerating the diagnostic pathway
2. Improving disease monitoring
3. Easing burden on patients
4. Maintaining quality of life
The program is aimed at health entrepreneurs in the neurotech space seeking support in the validation of their ideas and developing business goals in a supportive and enriching environment.
The program offers participants:
- A tailored three-month journey focused on your team’s objectives, established individually at the beginning of the program
- Intensive mentoring from top experts in business and science
- Access to industry stakeholders
- 10,000€ funding to support participation of founders and/or key team members in the journey
Shortlisted teams will be invited for an online interview directly by EIT Health staff and Biogen experts. The interviews will take place between 20-26 January 2022. Shortlisted teams will be able to book the time for the interview via link provided in the invitation.
The application score and the result of the online interview will be combined to draw up a list of teams selected to pitch live in front of the Jury.
Up to 15 shortlisted teams (Semi-Finalists) will be invited to pitch their solution in front of the Jury on February 1st, 2022 to secure their spot in the program. The Jury will select up-to 10 teams (Finalists) who will be invited to enter the program (Finalists).
The Jury will be able to award up-to two prizes:
- 1st Prize of 100,000€ for the winning solution
- 2nd Prize of 50,000€ for the runner-up