Our client was the M&A department of a leading nuclear company.
Until now, the department had always taken majority stakes in established companies. However, an interesting opportunity for a minority investment in an innovative start-up was presented to them by a Business Unit of the group.
Aster Fab’s mission was to assist the department in evaluating the opportunity and then in structuring the investment proposal.
- Valuation of the startup using five different methods (comparable company analysis, precedent transactions, DCF analysis, R&D headcount, replacement cost value)
- Creation of a business plan in coordination with the Head of Business Unit to identify the business potential of such a partnership
- Structuring the investment proposal by drafting the letter of intent setting out the terms, governance, management package, performance criteria, etc
- Assistance, coordination and negotiation with all stakeholders throughout the process
- Support in the preparation of separate documents for the governance bodies