Start date flexible
Are you keen to kick-off your career in climate tech innovation? We are seeking for a motivated Consultant to drive our mission forward.
About Aster Fab
At the nexus of Venture Capital and Consulting, Aster Fab unleashes the needed transformation of hard-to-abate industries by harnessing the potential of climate tech startups.
Our expertise encompasses:
- Bold strategic priorities (focus area definition, need mapping, innovation portfolio modeling, investment thesis definition…)
- Impactful innovation instruments (audit, design, launch and/or pilot CVCs, accelerators, startup studios, call for applications…)
- Deal flow-as-a-service (technology mapping, startup scouting, rating, mapping collaboration scenarios, POC facilitation…)
- Transformative M&A and CVC deals (opportunity analysis, valuation, due diligence, deal execution…)
As a spin-off of climate tech VC fund Aster Capital, we harness 20+ years of invaluable industry knowledge and startup deal flow.
Notable references include industry leaders such as Total, EDF, Vinci, Orano, Bouygues Construction, GreenFlex, Manitou, Imerys, Terna, Suez, OMV…
Explore our case studies to see what we’ve achieved so far.
As a Consultant, you will:
- Actively take part in all Aster Fab projects from start to finish:
- Take part in client meetings (kick-off, bi-monthly and final meetings)
- Conduct market research on a wide range of technology topics
- Scout for startups and score them using Aster Fab’s well-established rating methodology
- Benchmark Open Innovation and Corporate Venture Capital best practices
- Conduct interviews with industry experts, venture capitalists, and entrepreneurs to gather insights
- Prepare educational workshops on various topics
- Draft studies on PowerPoint with a presentation of the research, highlighting the main insights and recommendations to the client
- Take part in Aster Fab’s development
- Contribute to the organization of events to further build our reputation
- Contribute to the drafting of articles for our website
You will work directly with Aster’s management team to further develop your role.
- Experience level
- A first experience in Consulting, VC, corporate innovation or M&A, ideally with exposure to hard-to-abate sectors / climate tech startups / strategic consulting / venture capital
- A Master’s degree from a top business and/or engineering school
- Required skills
- You have a keen interest in translating information into insightful analyses
- You have exceptional attention to detail in crafting presentations that are not only clear and concise but also visually compelling
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager to contribute your skills to the growth of a small company
- You are knowledgeable about climate change and sustainability matters
- Languages: fluent in English and French
Are we your ideal company?
Immerse yourself in our modern office located within a quintessentially Parisian building, nestled between the iconic Opéra and Musée du Louvre. Embrace a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity and collaboration, supported by a tight-knit team. Our values:
- Driven thinking | We must look into the future and adopt a forward-looking vision of the world. Renewable energy, CCUS, recycling, biodiversity are our day to day.
- Be humble | We are very grateful to work with smart and inspiring people, whether they are colleagues or clients. Respect of each other and each other’s opinions is at the heart of our working culture.
- Add value | Prospective and innovation studies can quickly become vague and intangible. We put a strong emphasis on achievable goals and impact-first projects.
- Be caring | Whether among colleagues or with our clients, we work hard to provide the best possible working atmosphere. Support, collaboration, and improvement are the roots of our environment.
- Never stop learning | We are passionate learners and we are always excited to welcome someone new who can bring new perspectives and share new ideas
- Take a stance | We are opinionated, engaged and happy to say it out loudly.
- Location: 26 avenue de l’Opéra, 75001 Paris
- Contract type: full-time position
- Flexible remote work arrangement.
- Salary: dependent on experience
Send CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com