Our client was the M&A department of a leading nuclear company.
Until now, the department had always taken majority stakes in established companies. However, an interesting opportunity for a minority investment in an innovative start-up was presented to them by a Business Unit of the group.
Aster Fab’s mission was to assist the department in evaluating the opportunity and then in structuring the investment proposal.
- Valuation of the startup using five different methods (comparable company analysis, precedent transactions, DCF analysis, R&D headcount, replacement cost value)
- Creation of a business plan in coordination with the Head of Business Unit to identify the business potential of such a partnership
- Structuring the investment proposal by drafting the letter of intent setting out the terms, governance, management package, performance criteria, etc
- Assistance, coordination and negotiation with all stakeholders throughout the process
- Support in the preparation of separate documents for the governance bodies
was the conclusion of the business plan exercise
of the financing needs
the challenge of the business plan enabled to halve the financing needs announced by the founders